DMOPress Quick Start
Step 1: Install and Activate the Plugin
- Download the DMOPress plugin from the WordPress.org Plugin Directory.
- Log into your WordPress website with your administration username and password.
- Click the Plugins link on the left side of the window.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the Plugin management page.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the Add Plugins page.
- Click the Choose File button, and locate the plugin zip file on your computer.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Once the plugin has been uploaded, click the Activate button to activate it.
- That’s it! You should now see a Places post type in your WordPress admin.
Step 2: Add a Google Maps API Key
If you plan to use the integrated Google Maps feature, you’ll need to acquire a Google Maps API Key. The following link will guide you through the process of getting one:
Once you’ve acquired an API Key, you need to provide it to DMOPress. Take the following steps:
- Click Settings > DMOPress in your WordPress admin area.
- Under the Google Maps Settings heading, look for the Google Maps API Key field, and copy and paste your key into this field.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the DMOPress Settings screen.
Step 3: Start Working with Places
Once the plugin has been installed and activated, click here for an introduction to the Places post type.